CIS offers its Benchmarks and Metrics to all Internet users.
CIS provides additional documentation and support to CIS Security Benchmarks Members.
- Support Services for Security Benchmarks Members
- Support Services for Users Who Are Not CIS Security Benchmarks Members
CIS provides support services only to:
- Individuals and organizations who are Members of the CIS Security Benchmarks Division, and
- Organizations with which CIS has special membership arrangements for the redistribution and utilization of the Benchmarks, Benchmark Assessment Tools, and Security Metrics; that is, companies and individuals who have obtained Consulting/Auditing Use Membership Agreements from CIS.
As a benefit of their financial investment in CIS, CIS Security Benchmarks Members are eligible to receive the following support services from CIS staff at no charge:
- Up to 2 hours of telephone support per month, after initial e-mail contact.
- Unlimited email support by writing to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Unlimited participation in the discussion forums on the CIS Security Benchmarks Community Web Site
CIS Security Benchmarks Members also have unlimited access to:
- CIS-CAT Users Guide
Support is provided to Members for downloading the Benchmarks and Assessment Tools from the CIS Web sites, and for implementing the Benchmarks and Tools in the Member organization.
Members who require more than two hours of live support service in any given month may consult a CIS-affiliated information security consultant who provides support services on a fee-for-service basis.
If you are not a CIS Security Benchmarks Member, and you need help downloading Benchmark, Assessment Tool and Security Metrics files from the CIS public Web site, you are still eligible to receive e-mail support from CIS staff.
If you would like support for installing CIS Benchmark Assessment Tools and implementing CIS Benchmarks, Tools and Metrics beyond the scope of content in the knowledge database, please refer to our list of CIS-affiliated information security consultants. CIS-affiliated information security consultants provide installation and implementation support on a fee-for-service basis.