CIS-CAT Consulting Engagement Membership
30-day CIS-CAT Membership for Single Named IT Security Consultant/Auditor - $495 USD **
- Why Does CIS Security Benchmarks Offer a CIS-CAT Consulting Engagement Membership?
- Rights and Benefits of CIS-CAT Consulting Engagement Membership
- CIS-CAT Consulting Engagement Membership Fee
- Learn More
The CIS Security Benchmarks Division’s CIS-CAT Consulting Engagement Membership offering enables a single named IT security consultant or auditor to use the CIS Configuration Assessment Tool (CIS-CAT) on behalf of one or more security consulting, auditing, and managed IT services clients for a 30-day time period. This membership is for consulting/auditing engagements on client system(s) only and not authorized for internal use within the consultant/auditor's organization. See additional information below on Rights and Benefits of CIS-CAT Consulting Engagement Membership.
CIS-CAT Consulting Engagement Membership allows a single named IT security consultant or auditor to:
- Compare client security posture against CIS Benchmarks, which are widely recognized as industry best practice guidance for system hardening.
- SAVE TIME in:
- Preparing client deliverables by leveraging CIS-CAT's customizable reporting capability; and
- Assessing hundreds of client system configuration settings in minutes.
- Automatically identify configuration vulnerabilities using CIS-CAT and help clients remediate those vulnerabilities using the step-by-step procedures provided in CIS-CAT reports.
- Measure, monitor and report client security configuration conformance with industry best practice to show improvement over time.
The CIS Security Benchmarks CIS-CAT Consulting Engagement Membership is offered to provide a cost-effective way for individual consultants/auditors to use the CIS-CAT Tool for a 30-day period for client assessments.
The CIS-CAT Consulting Engagement Membership option provides access to and use of the CIS Security Benchmarks member-only CIS-CAT Tool for a 30-day time period. Access and benefits include:
- Option to brand CIS-CAT-generated reports with company name/logo
- Unlimited use by single consultant for consulting/auditing engagements during 30-day membership period
- The CIS-CAT Tool - a host-based configuration security assessment tool that includes both a command-line interface (CLI) and a graphical user interface (GUI). To support broad portability, CIS-CAT is a Java application and requires JRE v1.5 or later. CIS-CAT and its JRE can reside on a target system or on any network drive or removable drive that has network access to the target system being assessed. Learn more about CIS-CAT and the CIS Benchmarks CIS-CAT supports.
- CIS-CAT Users Guide
- Video tutorials on CIS-CAT
Use and Restrictions:
- Not for use on internal systems within the organization that purchases the CIS-CAT Consulting Engagement Membership. For use on client system(s) only by a single named consultant/auditor only.
- Full CIS Security Benchmarks membership benefits, including dedicated support from CIS Security Benchmarks staff and XML customization, are not provided.
- Available by Credit Card Purchase only through a secure online portal.
CIS also offers full CIS Security Benchmarks membership for IT Consultant/Auditor organizations and named consultants. Organizations may enroll as an Security Benchmarks Consulting/Auditing Member ($14,000 USD annual fee)**, which entitles an unlimited number of employees within the organization to use the Security Benchmarks Division's resources in an unlimited number of consulting/auditing and/or managed IT services engagements as well as within the organization. A Named Consulting/Auditing Membership ($3,000 USD annual fee per named consultant)** offers the same rights and benefits but limits them to one or more named consultant(s) within a consulting/auditing organization. A Consulting/Auditing Membership also entitles a company or named consultant to additional significant benefits described on the Membership page.
CIS-CAT Consulting Engagement Membership Fee (30 Day Use of CIS-CAT - $495 USD) ** Enroll Now
The fee for the CIS-CAT Consulting Engagement Membership is $495 USD and allows for the use of the CIS-CAT Tool as described in the Rights and Benefits of CIS-CAT Consulting Engagement Membership section above for a 30-day time period.
Your CIS-CAT Consulting Engagement Membership will begin upon completion of payment and will expire 30 days thereafter. Following receipt of payment, an email will be sent to you with information on how to access CIS-CAT and CIS-CAT Documentation. The details of your start date and expiration date will also be included.
If within 30 days following the expiration of this membership period, your company wishes to purchase an annual Organization Consulting or Named Consultant Security Benchmarks membership, CIS will credit the $495 USD CIS-CAT Consulting Engagement Membership Fee towards the annual membership fee.
For more information about the CIS Security Benchmarks Division and the commercial use of the CIS Security Benchmarks Division's resources, please contact us.
** Pricing subject to change.