Membership provides academic/educational institutions the right to use and distribute the CIS benchmarks internally throughout their organizations to access CIS-CAT, a configuration assessment tool. Click here to view a complete list of member benefits.
Additional Rights and Benefits for all Academic/Educational Institutions enrolled as Members of the Center for Internet Security (CIS) Security Benchmarks:
- Use of CIS Security Benchmarks resources in the classroom environment for educational purposes.
Why enroll as a CIS Security Benchmarks Member?
- Improve your overall cyber security posture.
- Utilize consensus based configuration security standards throughout your organization.
- Access resources that are widely-accepted standards against which to compare your technical control policies.
- Leverage cost effective solutions.
Annual and Multi-Year Discount Options
1-Year Agreement - 30% off the total membership cost
2-Year Agreement - 40% off the total membership cost
3-Year Agreement - 50% off the total membership cost
Annual membership fees are determined by the total number of employees per organization. Employee numbers are verified using publicly available information.
Membership payment can be up front or in multi-year installments.
Number of Employees
2-Year Total Cost
3-Year Total Cost
|100,000 or more
||$ 8,750||$ 15,000||$ 18,750|
|50,000 to 99,999
||$ 8,050||$ 13,800||$ 17,250|
|25,000 to 49,999
||$ 7,350||$ 12,600||$ 15,750|
|10,000 to 24,999
||$ 7,000||$ 12,000||$ 15,000|
|5,000 to 9,999
||$ 6,650||$ 11,400||$ 14,250|
|1,000 to 4,999
||$ 6,300||$ 10,800||$ 13,500|
|500 to 999
||$ 4,550||$ 7,800||$ 9,750|
|100 to 499
||$ 3,150||$ 5,400||$ 6,750|
|50 to 99
||$ 1,400||$ 2,400||$ 3,000|
|Up to 49
||$ 875||$ 1,500||$ 1,875|
Membership costs are listed in US Dollars. For more information about membership, contact us.